Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod needs to be rebooted and home button doesn't work and computer will not recognize it

my ipod needs to be rebooted because it crashed or something but ,u home button doesnt work and my computer doesnt recognize it

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:09 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 7:09 AM in response to bunnygoree

Hello bunnygoree,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPod touch. If your iPod isn't being recognized by iTunes, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in one of the following articles helpful:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Note: If the home button on your iPod touch is not functioning, you may not be able to complete all available troubleshooting steps. If that is the case, you may need to have your iPod serviced; you may find the following page helpful:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Regards

Aug 29, 2015 7:15 AM in response to bunnygoree

See my first reply on page 3 in this discussion. The link opens to page 3.

Turn on without Home/Power Button

To reset the iPod without the hardware buttons,

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. All your wifi and bluetooth preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected. You will have to rejoin wifi networks and re-pair BT devices

ipod needs to be rebooted and home button doesn't work and computer will not recognize it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.