Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set a "to" column in sent box of email.

In my new macbook air (yosemite) there is no column for who email was sent to in the sent mail box.

I do have a FROM column. When I uncheck From in View and check TO the To information will show.

But when I return to mac mail the next time the TO column is gone and only FROM shows (returns).

Is there a way to make TO permanent?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Try this...

With cursor over the 'columns' row, right-click (crtl-click) for the contextual menu of a list of all available columns > choose the ones you want (one at a time probably)

ÇÇÇ

EDIT - APOLOGIES For Not READING thoroughly

Try my suggestion anyway

I don;t have Yosemite Mail - but look to see if there is a preferences pane for Views - you ARE saying that the Views "Menu" choices made "won't stick", right? This should not be happening in any app, much less a new Mac/OSX.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 8:02 PM in response to balch

Try this...

With cursor over the 'columns' row, right-click (crtl-click) for the contextual menu of a list of all available columns > choose the ones you want (one at a time probably)

ÇÇÇ

EDIT - APOLOGIES For Not READING thoroughly

Try my suggestion anyway

I don;t have Yosemite Mail - but look to see if there is a preferences pane for Views - you ARE saying that the Views "Menu" choices made "won't stick", right? This should not be happening in any app, much less a new Mac/OSX.

Aug 28, 2015 6:06 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Yes! the "TO" column will not stick. It stays while I am in mac mail, but when I leave and then reopen it has reverted back to the "FROM" column.

Not helpfull, since I am the only one who uses the computer, so I am always the FROM! Thank you for trying to help me. Yes, it is a brand new mac, so I guess I should take it to the genius bar. Unless someone has an idea.

Aug 28, 2015 3:20 PM in response to babowa

FROM was checked in the drop down, but I unchecked it and checked TO. I did this several times. Tried shutting down, leaving mail etc. When I uncheck FROM and then check (select) TO, the TO will show up. But as I said it all reverts back to FROM after mail closes. The TO does not "stick" after it is selected.

Is it broken? or what?? Thank you for trying to help. I like to know who web pages were sent to = to make sure I don't resend later etc.

Aug 28, 2015 4:53 PM in response to balch

Not sure what the Columns entry is as I don't see that in mine. Here are screenshots from my MBP with Yosemite - first one is the main file menu; second is the Sent mailbox column drop down:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

My only checked items are the date - the OS automatically - by default - shows the recipient in the sent mailbox. That's been the default since I started using a Mac. Try NOT choosing anything but the date and see if that works.

Aug 28, 2015 5:30 PM in response to babowa

Thank you Baboa! I tried the control-click - several times - and I now finally have the recipient (TO) listed in the sent box!! AND it does not revert to just FROM anymore - at least not yet ;-) - and I have restarted several times to see if it did. I am not sure why it took so many tries with the right click - maybe I wasn't doing it right ... Anyway - NOW I can't get rid of the FROM column (now I have both - to and from), but that doesn't bother me very much. I tried right clicking several times to deselect it - to no avail.

In general, my Comcast mail is VERY slow for me to receive - it sends ok. Not a perfect world is it?!

Thanks again for you time and help.

Cannot set a "to" column in sent box of email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.