Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunes still authorized on a computer that I uninstalled iTunes from?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I wanted to make sure since I have an iPhone, and I used to buy songs and stuff on my mother's computer. iTunes used to be on her laptop too, but I deleted it from there before I moved in for college. I downloaded iTunes on my laptop that I brought with me on campus, and when I authorized it, it said iTunes was authorized on three out of five devices. Does this include my iPhone as well, or did I do something improperly to the laptop I deleted iTunes from?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 4:35 PM

Unless you separately deauthorized that computer, it’s still taking up one of the slots. Uninstalling iTunes doesn’t automatically do this.

If you’re referring to the limit of five computers(not the limit of ten authorized devices), the iPhone doesn’t count towards it.

(132455)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 4:35 PM in response to AppleCider600

Unless you separately deauthorized that computer, it’s still taking up one of the slots. Uninstalling iTunes doesn’t automatically do this.

If you’re referring to the limit of five computers(not the limit of ten authorized devices), the iPhone doesn’t count towards it.

(132455)

Is iTunes still authorized on a computer that I uninstalled iTunes from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.