Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I save an article from a webpage on my iPad for offline reading

How can I save an article from a webpage on my iPad for off line reading? Also once I save the article somewhere on my iPad, how do i go back and access the site where I stored the article??

Thanks!!!

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:08 PM

What kind of article? If it is part of the page itself, you can just cut and paste it to some other app like Notes and that is where it will reside.

7 replies

Aug 28, 2015 5:19 AM in response to minnaqua

Minnagua, first please update your iOS to the highest supported by your device. Go to Settings, General, Software Update and select Download and Install. On your original post you said you had an iPad and 7.1.1. I don't think that is the case as the the original iPad can only go up to iOS 5.1.1. I don't know what you have but if you have an iPad 2 or higher you can use 8.4.1. Just do as per above and let it update, it will take you to the latest and highest your device supports and then please post back to us.

If you bare with me, please tell us exactly what your are trying to do. Again are you referring to a webpage or to an attachment in an email? If a webpage, do as Bob said above. If an attachment on an email, once you update to 8.4.1 you will be able to click on the attachment, the native reader (textedit) will open it and you will see the article while on line. Then click on the up arrow box (if you don't see the up arrow, tap on the main part of the article and it will show up) and then the menu that opens will show you your options, iBooks will be there and you can just click it and save it to iBooks for offline reading later.

If this is not clear please post back but it is essential that you tell us if the articles you are trying to save came from a webpage (unlikely since you said that they were sent to you via link) or from an email. Thanks.. 🙂

How can I save an article from a webpage on my iPad for offline reading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.