Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Shuffle Play one Artist within latest Itunes update

Hi,

After downloading the latest ITunes version, I can no longer just select an artist I have on my phone and select random/shuffle play. It only lets me do it if I choose a specific album from said artist. In the past I would just select someone, say Gene Pitney, and even tho' I had 5 albums of his I could hit shuffle and iTunes would play songs from each album. Any suggestions?

R

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:45 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 10:39 PM in response to gail from maine

If you are talking about your phone and the Music app, I just played around a bit with mine and here's what i found:

Click on "My Music" and at the top of the screen just under the Recently Added Album artwork, you will see a category in red letters:

User uploaded file

Click on it and then select Artists:

User uploaded file

You will then see your Artists listed in alphabetical order First Name, Last Name or Band name, etc.:

User uploaded file

Now, go to the Artist you want and click on the three dots, then in the window, click on "Add to Up Next" and you will see a little "Added" confirmation on the screen for a moment:

User uploaded file

Now, at the very bottom of the display right above the selection bar at the bottom, you will see what is currently in your queue to play:

User uploaded file

Touch the area where the song title is displayed and slide up, and you will see the screen you are used to seeing when you played music before with the Shuffle and Repeat options. Tap on the lines to the right of the "Next Track" button:

User uploaded file

You will then see your Up Next List:

User uploaded file

As you can see above, the 22 songs that I have for the Artist 3 Doors Down are now queued up to play. That is all that will play unless I go back and add additional Songs, Artists, or Albums to my Up Next list. Click on Done to go back to the Album screen with the Shuffle/Repeat controls, and slide down on the Album to go back to the My Music view.

Seems like a lot of steps, but once you do it a couple of times, you will see that it is quick and easy!

Cheers,

GB

How to Shuffle Play one Artist within latest Itunes update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.