Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X to DVD - I miss iDVD's menu options!

Hello all.

I have a new Mac computer with OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. I love taking family footage and turning them into dvd's. I use Final Cut Pro X to do all of my editing. On my previous computer, I used iDVD to burn my projects to the discs. I loved their easy accessibility to nicely design dvd menus. But, I learned that iDVD is no longer available and feel at a loss.

I used the option of making a dvd directly from Final Cut Pro X and was very disappointed in the outcome. How do I achieve the dvd menus I appreciated with iDVD? I loved having those templates so much.

I have looked up alternatives to iDVD but I can't find a truly good competitor.

Any advice? Can I use Final Cut Pro X in a way that can give me the quality of menus that I desire?

Thank you.

Kayla

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:58 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Alchroma

@Al: Just to say that I'm constantly impressed by what a loyal fan base iDVD continues to enjoy (and that impression formed from FCP posts – without venturing over to the iLife forums).

Quite a testament to whoever was on that development team…great combination: a highly user-frinendly app that could create some impressive authoring results,

Russ

Final Cut Pro X to DVD - I miss iDVD's menu options!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.