Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use bank app, Bank said someone tried to get in

is there an antivirus available for my IPad mini and iPhone? My bank sent me a message stating that someone is watching my info as I type. That my account has been tampered with. I don't use the Internet to sign-on to my account, I se the apps only to keep the security of my information. When I call my bNk they advise me to get an antivirus. I need help. I thought my Apple products were unable to be hacked . Please help me understand and fix this problem.

Thank you

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:09 PM

Are you sure that comes from your bank? Because I don't see how they could know someone is keylogging you - especially since there is no known key logger for an unjailbroken iPad. (the closest would be if you had a third party keyboard app that 'learns' what you type, but even then I don't know how your bank magically knows about it)

The person that said to get anti virus is likely giving you the pat response since there is no antivirus for for iDevices since there is no known virus that affects them.

You do use the internet to sign onto your account, that's how the app on your phone and iPad communicates, however I think you mean that you don't use a browser and the web but use the app instead.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 7:09 PM in response to Ewetu

Are you sure that comes from your bank? Because I don't see how they could know someone is keylogging you - especially since there is no known key logger for an unjailbroken iPad. (the closest would be if you had a third party keyboard app that 'learns' what you type, but even then I don't know how your bank magically knows about it)

The person that said to get anti virus is likely giving you the pat response since there is no antivirus for for iDevices since there is no known virus that affects them.

You do use the internet to sign onto your account, that's how the app on your phone and iPad communicates, however I think you mean that you don't use a browser and the web but use the app instead.

Aug 28, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Briansyddall

Thank you. I went to the bank and showed them my phone. I didn't think they could get in to my stuff. There was tampering of my account but not through my stuff. It may have been through my debit card. Can't think of anything else. They rest my info and it's mega secure. Anything I do gets a call to make sure... Over X amount. Thanks again!

Unable to use bank app, Bank said someone tried to get in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.