Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has already been replaced twice by Apple but it still does not sync with my PC, nor charge on wall plug. Now it's dead batt and not turning on.

My office issued me an iPad Mini Wifi in 2014. It was not working properly last month so it was replaced two weeks ago by Apple since it was still under warranty. I restored my new iPad from my iTunes in laptop. It was working completely fine until the next day I got weird problems. It was dead battery (I assumed it's dead batt) so I plugged it again to my laptop as I usually do when I get home. It did not charge my iPad, the iTunes prompted to restore my iPad. Since it is only new and no new data to lose, I continued the restoration, it said it cannot continue the restoration due to error. After several attempts, nothing worked. I tried plugging it in to another laptop with a different cable and it's still the same. I brought the replaced iPad again. The staff told me that they'll perhaps replace my iPad due to hardware problem (quite surprising, I barely used that even for a complete day). So I got my new iPad this week. I did not plug it to my laptop (due to the trauma I got from plugging in my previous iPad). I just updated the OS, downloaded some apps and used it until yesterday. It got lowbatt last night so I plugged it to wall charger (btw, I'm using an original Apple charger accessory), it was not charging. Skeptical that perhaps it's the wire charger, I tried plugging my iPhone to that charger and it was completely working. I plugged again the iPad and it's really not charging. I tried to plug it to my laptop but it did not recognize my iPad. How could that be? Could it be that the wire charger is grounded to iPad only? I brought the iPad to office this morning to check with my PC, it did not recognize my iPad. I used different wire cable (which is also Apple original) but still do detection. I turned it off to try hard reset, but it does not turn on. Now, it's completely dead. I tried charging to three different Apple wire chargers but still no effect. What seems to be the problem? Cable? My laptop? Wire charger? I tried hard resetting, soft resetting, letting it charge for a few hours, nothing worked. Sorry for the long message. Can someone help me? Thanks.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:40 AM

There are no replies.

My iPad has already been replaced twice by Apple but it still does not sync with my PC, nor charge on wall plug. Now it's dead batt and not turning on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.