Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to drag and drop from Safari

Up until this newest update to OSX 10.9.5, I was able to drop and drag from almost any application to my desktop. No more?? I can drag from my desktop to email or almost any other application. Any good ideas??

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:19 PM

7 replies

Aug 28, 2015 8:32 AM in response to babowa

Actually, I was unable to drag and drop ANY picture or file as is the norm with any of the Mac Apps. I had to restart my system ... again. Been having glitches since both the OSX update and the iOS updates. It TOTALLY whacked all of my photos with iOS 8.4.1 requiring me to uninstall/reinstall all (2438) of my pictures. THAT was for both my iPad and my iPhone ... but that's a different story. Thanks for the attempt. Been using Macs since 1984 so I understand what you're saying.

Aug 28, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Dominick Issi

So you're trying to copy pictures or files, not apps? Of what am I misunderstanding here? If you want to bypass the Gatekeeper settings temporarily (which are the new default), then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, log in with your admin password, and change the setting to anywhere temporarily. It is not recommended to leave it there though.

Aug 28, 2015 4:28 PM in response to babowa

Sorry ... I understand what you're saying, now. I just hold down my "Control" key to open downloaded apps. However, my original problem was a restart from the updated 10.9.5 not really fully restarted. My restart, when I found the problem with my inability to drag files/picts from email, safari windows, etc., enabled me to begin ... again ... to do what it'd always allowed me to do.

Take Care

Unable to drag and drop from Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.