Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Battery Life Questions

Hello. I just got an iPhone 6 last Monday. I know this question probably gets asked a lot, but I am curious about the battery life. I have hardly used my phone since I last charged it except for answering a few text messages and browsing on Facebook for maybe 5 minutes. Here is what my phone is showing:

User uploaded file

I was wondering if this looks like normal battery usage for an iPhone 6. It seems like when I am actually using the phone the percentage goes down kind of quickly.

Yesterday I took my phone to work and used it for texting while on my breaks (about an hour) and then played a game on it for about 15 minutes. After 8 hours my phone's battery was down to 60%, which is probably normal and seems pretty good (I hope). I upgraded from a 4S and the battery life seems about the same....maybe a little better. I read that the iPhone 6 is supposed to have 14 hours of talk time though (I know I wasn't using it for that of course!), but that seems impossible. I think my phone's battery only went down to the 80%-90% range while I was at work before when it was only used for texting and browsing (Facebook, Safari, etc.)

I know there are tricks to make the battery last longer by turning off background activity and location services. I have not done that. I am fine with the way the battery is now as long as it is normal.

Also, as it says in the screenshot, the usage was 1 hour and 19 minutes. I did not use it for that long. Do the background activities count as usage? Thank you for any answers and please let me know if I need to clarify anything I said.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:35 PM

4 replies

iPhone 6 Battery Life Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.