Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download on App Store extremely slow

Yesterday I tried to download a 500 MB App from the App Store. The download rate is very slow - it wasn't possible to download the between the last 12h. What can I do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:49 PM

7 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:18 AM in response to MoFeFranky

Having the same problem, Mac and iOS app stores have been slow for days. Lots of Twitter posts from people with the same issue, so I don't think anything can be done locally. This is on top of the numerous serious issues people are currently having with their phones/iPads relating to Apple Music, Podcast app, even the ability to open up certain settings pages. Nobody yet able to ascertain if it's an 8.4.1 issue or some backend issue at Apple. Slow MacApp store also points towards it being a non-local problem.

Aug 28, 2015 7:54 AM in response to tinue

Are you using Google DNS servers? My devices were configured with 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 I've since reverted to my ISP's DNS and suddenly both app stores are downloading fine.

It's odd though, because I'm sure in the last day or two I would have tried to download something via LTE on my phone to confirm my own wifi wasn't the problem.

Oct 14, 2015 2:39 AM in response to Ccrowe4

Downloading a 49mb update from the App Store was taking me hours. Duh! Tried switching between OpenDNS and Google DNS servers but still same problem. Finally tried Level 3 DNS and instantly my App Store downloads back to normal.

Have not used Level 3 DNS before... so hopefully everything else is fine as well.

Thanks.

Download on App Store extremely slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.