Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i add background music on iMovie 10.0.7?

Hi! i am having problems putting on background music on this version of iMovie as there is no side bar on the left as the previous versions nor can i overlap the track and the video in this software. Please help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:56 PM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 7:02 AM in response to Prabh Malhi

Howdy Prabh Malhi,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

In order to add background music to your iMovie project, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. In the Content Library section of the sidebar, select iTunes User uploaded file, Sound Effects User uploaded file, or GarageBand User uploaded file.

User uploaded file

The contents of the selected item appear as a list in the browser. To filter what appears, click the pop-up menu in the upper-left corner of the browser and choose a category.

2. Browse to find the clip you want to add to your project.

3. Drag the clip to the background music well, located below the timeline.

User uploaded file

You can position, trim, and edit the background audio independently of clips in the timeline. If you have “Trim background music” turned on in your movie settings, the audio in the background music well is automatically trimmed to match the duration of your movie. For more information, see Customize movie settings.

Add background music and sound clips - iMovie Help

Have a great weekend.

How do i add background music on iMovie 10.0.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.