Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an error when i install iTunes to windows 10. I tried all my best. but there is nothing i can do.please help me.thanks

I got an error when i install iTunes to windows 10.

I tried all my best. but there is nothing i can do.

please help me

thanks

Other OS, windows 10

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:35 PM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2015 12:51 PM in response to heavenyog25

You're not alone! I am having this problem too. Every time I try to install, I get two error messages, followed by 'Apple Application Support not found ; windows error 2'. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as suggested; doesn't work.

I've now spend the best part of 10 hours on chat to Microsoft tech support, who have taken over my PC and tried lots of things, but have eventually come to the conclusion that 'iTunes isn't compatible with Windows 10'. Thanks, Microsoft - perhaps you should have pointed this out before persuading everyone to upgrade...?

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be really grateful too...

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2015 1:08 PM in response to becks1507

I made a clean install of Windows 10 a few days ago and iTunes installed without any issue at all. It is no consolation, but you can't really gauge how many people install iTunes successfully by looking at the forum for people who have trouble with it. As a matter of interest is your version of Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit, and if it was upgraded from an earlier version of Windows which was it?

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

I got an error when i install iTunes to windows 10. I tried all my best. but there is nothing i can do.please help me.thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.