Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos from my iPad that have been downloaded fro the computer to the iPad

My iPad has version 8.4.1

I have some photos that I download from the computer to the iPad . I cannot delete these photos in the normal manner that you delete photos from the I pad.

Is someone able to give me the method to delete these photos.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:34 AM

Photos that were synced from a computer can't be deleted directly on the iPad, you need to reconnect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and use the Photos tab in iTunes to change your photo sync selection to remove them - if you want to remove all synced photos then try selecting and syncing just an empty folder e.g.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 3:34 AM in response to Doug Inspector

Photos that were synced from a computer can't be deleted directly on the iPad, you need to reconnect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and use the Photos tab in iTunes to change your photo sync selection to remove them - if you want to remove all synced photos then try selecting and syncing just an empty folder e.g.

User uploaded file

How do I delete photos from my iPad that have been downloaded fro the computer to the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.