Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 crescent gate & cracked screen Apple refuses to repair under warranty

I sent my iPhone 6 to Apple asking them to repair my front facing camera because of the "crescent" on the right side.

The phone has a cracked screen (actually very lightly cracked) and I thought it wouldn't make a difference because to fix the crescent the would have either replaced the screen or the entire phone.

I received an email from Apple saying my repair is out of warranty and I therefore should pay about 300 euros to get the phone repaired.

Apple's website says repairing the iPhone 6 screen costs 121,20 euros, so I then called Apple support and asked them to simply repair my screen at that price, but they refused, saying the technician decided my screen needed a 300 euros repair, not a 121,20. They added that the way the screen is cracked affects the technician decision, if the screen is severely damaged the repair is more expensive, if it is lightly damaged the repair is cheaper (121,20 euros).

To me this sounds totally ridiculous, not only a screen repair is a screen repair, no matter how damaged it is. But in my specific case, the screen is definitely lightly damaged, it's a single crack from side to side, not the whole glass shattered in a spider net pattern.

I'll attach a picture that shows both the crescent gate and the broken glass so everyone can judge.

As of now I decided to get my phone back, but I'm very disappointed, an 800 phone has basically no warranty and Apple can decide if a screen replacement costs 300 or 120 euros on the basis of nothing!

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:27 AM

Hello, i am from montreal canada, i had the same problem i had a space gray 16 gb Videotron ipgone 6 that was bent, Had the EXACT same hairline crack and the cresent in camera, i have no apple care + warrenty just standard 1 year warrenty, went into a store they gladly replaced it for free of chargeUser uploaded file

5 replies

iPhone 6 crescent gate & cracked screen Apple refuses to repair under warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.