Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all of my iphone pics were saved to my itunes... how do I access them from another device

all of my iphone pics were saved to my itunes on my macbook, which was stolen today... can I access them from another device via my Apple ID?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:33 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 9:37 PM in response to ejhb423

Did you activate Photostream? If not and you have deleted the photos from the phone then they are lost.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/verizon-iphone-51/photo-stream-vs-camera-roll- 27703/#post143399 - "PhotoStream is a "hold tank", if you will, of all pics taken on an iDevice where PhotoStream is turned on - so that all other iDevices that have PhotoStream turned on will be loaded with the newly taken pictures. They will be added to each iDevice's Camera Roll that has PhotoStream turned on. After 30 days from when a given picture is taken - it erases from PhotoStream but not from the Camera Rolls unless you personally delete a given picture from the Camera Roll of a given device."

If you still have them on the phone and were taken by the phone you can get access to them various ways.

Aug 27, 2015 9:44 PM in response to ejhb423

Just a small addition to Limnos' response above, with which I agree:

ejhb423 wrote:

all of my iphone pics were saved to my itunes on my macbook ...

Actually, this is not quite correct as iTunes itself does not save any photos. Instead, iTunes will direct where your photos may be stored on your Mac (e.g., within the Photos app).

Therefore, assuming you backed up your Mac before it was stolen, and assuming you instructed iTunes to store the synced photos somewhere on your Mac, the photos will be retrievable from the Mac's backup once you restore it onto the replacement machine.

all of my iphone pics were saved to my itunes... how do I access them from another device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.