Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot authorize my computer and I cannot find the serial number

i cannot authorize my computer as i get an error message and it says try again, which i have done numerous times without success

I have tried to get support but it asks for serial number and I cannot find it.

How the heck can I contact support without serial number

PLEASE HELP

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:07 PM

7 replies

Aug 27, 2015 11:14 PM in response to garyfromosceola

You do not need a serial number for an iTunes Support question. When you go to the Support page, select iTunes, and then carefully select each next option that applies. At some point you will select "Topic is Not Listed" since there is no topic to select regarding Authorizing a computer to iTunes.

If you follow the prompts and select the best answers for each one, you will get to a page that provides you with support contact information.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 27, 2015 11:24 PM in response to gail from maine

I love the picture of a cat, which I assume is yours. We have five cats.

I greatly appreciate your response but it did not help. I have done what you said, followed the prompts and come up to the request for my serial number and a message where to find it, but unfortunately I am not getting it because i can not find it. I have a windows based pc.

Thank you.

Aug 27, 2015 11:30 PM in response to garyfromosceola

Then you are selecting something that does not apply to your issue. Before I posted back to you, I went through the prompts, and without any serial number request, landed on the contact page. Go here: http://www.apple.com/support/ Then select: iTunes>Contact Support (at the bottom of the list)>iTunes Store>Other iTunes Store Topics>The Topic is not Listed, and you should get to a page with an email link.

Thanks - that is my cat - Wilke. I think cats are the coolest! 🙂

Cheers,

GB

I cannot authorize my computer and I cannot find the serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.