Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I copy home movies to my iPad while retaining the info on the date they were shot?

Hi,

I want to use my iPad Air to edit all my home movies together using the iMovie app. I have a folder on my PC containing all our home movies shot on iPhone in .mov format. I have been careful to preserve the 'file created' date information so I know when these were shot, and on my PC I can list the files in date order. I used iTunes 'sync photos' and checked 'include videos' then selected the folder containing said videos. They all downloaded onto the iPad when I hit 'sync' and now appear in the videos section of the photos app. But the problem I have is they are all listed as being created today. This puts all the files in a random order. The same problem is seen in iMovie - I cannot arrange the videos in 'oldest first' or any kind of date order.

I am tearing my hair out trying to do this very basic task!

Any suggestions gratefully received (other than 'buy a mac!)

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:08 AM

There are no replies.

how do I copy home movies to my iPad while retaining the info on the date they were shot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.