Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Always asks for verification to download free apps

Help..I have an IPad 3G IOS 8.4 and lately When I have an update or want to download a free app. It tells me " Verification Required"

WHich in turn prompts to the credit card info.. Why is this doing this... It wasn't like this before..Every week I have to go purchase a prepaid Visa just to get my updates which should be free...I don't know what to do..

Dani Girl

iPhone 3G, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:10 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Dani7one

Hi Dani

You can try to remove your payment information (changing your payment method to none):

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

That may not be possible for reasons that are explained here:

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

Otherwise, you could try creating a new Apple ID that does not have a payment method associated with it.

The instructions for how to do that are here:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

Always asks for verification to download free apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.