Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop Receiving the same calls and messages on both our iPhones . Every time I receive a call or message my husband receives it. We are using the same Apple ID account. Do I need a separate email to set up an ID for my husband?

My husband and I both have Apple iPhone 4s. I am using the same Apple ID for both phones. When I did an update to my husbands phone we are now both. Receiving each other's messages and calls. How can I stop this from occurring?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:16 PM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 11:21 PM in response to Atholy

It is happening because you are sharing an Apple/iCloud ID, and what is happening is called Handoff. You can change settings to prevent the phones from ringing simultaneously: Settings>FaceTime> turn off Cellular Calls.

For Messages, you can go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and make sure that only your own email addresses are listed on you own phones.

Ultimately, it is a better idea for you both to have at least your own iCloud accounts. You can share an iTunes Apple ID, but sharing an iCloud Apple ID is always very dicey....

Cheers,

GB

How can I stop Receiving the same calls and messages on both our iPhones . Every time I receive a call or message my husband receives it. We are using the same Apple ID account. Do I need a separate email to set up an ID for my husband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.