Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dropped my iphone 6 in my pool and it keeps searching for signal

This Monday i dropped my iPhone 6 into the pool, i immediately took it out, removed most water i can on exterior, removed my sim card,and put the phone in rice in a matter of 7 minutes. I left the phone inside till Thursday and when plugged it in it tuned on was charging and working perfectly fine, i try to make a call and it doesn't work i realize its says Searching..., so i tried restoring it and once i did, it still kept on saying that now i have a bricked iPhone that when it says Activating iPhone on setup screen... it says could not activate iPhone. So then i tried to restore again and i get error 52!! please help i need this phone its brand new!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:48 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 1:57 AM in response to sandroosalvatore

Unfortunately iPhone is not waterproof. You are lucky one if it still works after the contact with water. Usually phones and water do not mix and water damage is not covered by warranty. Corrosion has already started. You should schedule a genius appointment at theApple Store to appraise the level of damages. They will offer you the best solution.

i dropped my iphone 6 in my pool and it keeps searching for signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.