Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open Itunes on mi mac, it says "a rental is being transferred..."

Hello,

I have a problem opening Itunes, I get the following message:

"A rental is being transferred. If you quit now the transfer will be canceled. Are you sure you want to quit?"

This started when I downloaded an audio file and tried to open it, I don't know if it's related to that. Now I can't open Itunes at all because it keeps sending me this message. I tried restarting but it's the same. Couldn't find anything in Google.

As far as I know I haven't "rented " anything... , please HELP...

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:14 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2015 8:58 PM in response to Suquita

Same issue here. When opening iTunes a panel appears with "A rental is being transferred. If you quit now, the transfer will be canceled. Are you sure you want to quit?" The only option is to hit OK. After doing this another warning panel appears with "iTunes is getting album artwork. If you quit now, the artwork request will be canceled. Are you sure you want to quit? An unknown error occurred (-42037)." The only option again is to hit OK. After doing this the application closes.

Error handling is rather unlike Apple, especially in the second panel (reminds me of MS Windows errors).

I do have a 2012 MBA. Yosemite 10.10.1. Apple does not allow reinstallation of iTunes app. Don't know since when I am having this issue, but at least for past 4 weeks or so.

I can't open Itunes on mi mac, it says "a rental is being transferred..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.