Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental access code

Hi,

My 7yr old daughter has an Ipod Touch. She is for ever changing her lock code and I see a problem ahead with this.

She tells me her new codes so this isn't a secrecy thing but I fear that one day she will change the code and then forget what she has changed it to.

So, my question is, can the Ipod be configured to have an emergency access code?

If not, is there a procedure that I should follow to will enable a smooth restoration of the Ipod, should I need to do a factory reset in the event she forgets her code?

This is the only Apple product in the house so please understand that I'm not familiar with all things Apple.

Thank you for your help.

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:54 AM

It sounds like you are talking about the screen-lock passcode. If that is the case then frequently backup to iTunes

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

The if she forgets her passcode:

Forgotten Screen-Lock Passcode

Connect the iOS device to your computer and try to make a backup

iOS: How to back up

Then restore via iTunes. The iOS device will be erased. Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode if necessary to allow the restore.

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple SupportIf you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Adders21

It sounds like you are talking about the screen-lock passcode. If that is the case then frequently backup to iTunes

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

The if she forgets her passcode:

Forgotten Screen-Lock Passcode

Connect the iOS device to your computer and try to make a backup

iOS: How to back up

Then restore via iTunes. The iOS device will be erased. Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode if necessary to allow the restore.

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple SupportIf you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

Parental access code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.