Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad keeps disconnecting when trying to backup on iCloud and my iMac

My ipad keeps disconnecting when trying to backup to the Cloud and my Mac. I've tried turning it on and off. Tried doing it from ITunes and the iPad. Its never happened before and its about 3 yrs old with the latest IOS installed.

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:39 AM

Hello ozziemarc,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPad disconnects from iTunes or iCloud when trying to make a backup, restarting the device is a good first step. There are several more steps that I'd suggest in the following resources.

I'd recommend troubleshooting the iTunes backup first using the steps in If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you successfully back up to iTunes after following the steps above, the issue with iCloud may be related to your internet connection or iCloud storage space. You can find this information and more help in Get help backing up your device in iCloud.

A message says my backup could not be completed

1. Make sure you're connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
  2. If possible, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
  3. See if you have enough iCloud storage for your backup, and get more storage if you need it.
  4. If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 9:39 AM in response to ozziemarc

Hello ozziemarc,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPad disconnects from iTunes or iCloud when trying to make a backup, restarting the device is a good first step. There are several more steps that I'd suggest in the following resources.

I'd recommend troubleshooting the iTunes backup first using the steps in If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you successfully back up to iTunes after following the steps above, the issue with iCloud may be related to your internet connection or iCloud storage space. You can find this information and more help in Get help backing up your device in iCloud.

A message says my backup could not be completed

1. Make sure you're connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
  2. If possible, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
  3. See if you have enough iCloud storage for your backup, and get more storage if you need it.
  4. If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

All the best.

my ipad keeps disconnecting when trying to backup on iCloud and my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.