Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Problems with Space and items synced

I have a 128GB iPad Air, and recently I have been experiencing the following problems:

1. When I check on my iPad the amount of free space, It shows me that I have about 36GB of free space. However, iTunes (PC) shows me that I have an overcapacity of approximately 10 GB.

2. iTunes adds the same item (especially Podcasts) again and again every time I sync my iPad. I mean, after syncing, the item that I have selected appears correctly on my iPad, but when I sync again the element that I have previouslyadded disappears from my iPad to be added again.

I hope I have explained clearly the problems I have. Why is this happening? Is there any solution?

Thanks.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 6:27 AM in response to ceybe

On your iTunes go if you have a menu on top go to Edit > Preferences. If you don't see the menu go to the square box on the upper left and select Preferences. Then select Devices, and select "Prevent iPods.... from syncing automatically". Now when you connect your device it will not auto sync, you will be able to choose what you want individually. The backup your iPad to iTunes, this tends to update the usage bar on the bottom of the Summary page.

If still having an issue, please post back with as much detail as you can..... 🙂

Syncing Problems with Space and items synced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.