Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones were broken when arrived

I got an iPod on Christmas but didn't use the headphones because I had another pair I was using at the time. I took them out 3 weeks ago and plugged them in and sound only came out of one side. I contacted Apple by phone first who said I would have to send them in for investigation even though I had just taken them out of the box but when I went to get them my Mom and thrown them out she thought they were no good since they broken.

I contacted Apple via written letter and all they said was they couldn't help. I mean this is a disgrace. The customer service is a joke at times.

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 5:42 AM in response to cc12313

It may seem unfair, however, look at it from the perspective of Apple.While the headphones are still under warranty, if you ran a business would you replace something someone bought from you and, months later, said was broken but they didn't have anymore an couldn't supply to prove they really owned them?

What you need is an exchange, and to do that you need to give them the broken one to swap it out for a working one.

It is unfortunate that you don't have them. Maybe you can find them in the trash? (Presuming it's gone), but honestly, I can't think of any other retailer that wouldn't do the exact same thing.

Headphones were broken when arrived

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.