Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help figuring out what to buy--new to apple--ipad, laptop, desktop...I don't know...

I haven't bought tech in *years*, but everything I read says I'll want to buy Apple. I'm overwhelmed. Essentially, I'm looking for one portable device that would have the functions of an iphone w/o it being a phone (w/ contract) and one device to stand in as a main computer (I like the flexibility of a laptop, but I've read a desktop's more powerful.)

I've been considering a camera, too. I like that a Gopro 4 silver can be used in the dark, so I'd like to find something able to retain/access it's photo editing software. (If anyone knows of an alternative to the gopro 4 silver that can do what it can, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.)

Ideas, anyone?

Also, is the only choice for external storage the cloud?

Thanks so much!

b

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:21 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 10:08 AM in response to 1goose2ganders

Well, for portable computing I'd suggest an iPad. The size is up to you, either a mini or full sized. Depends on what you want to cart around and how big of a screen you want/need.

When you say functions of a phone, unless your device is on cellular you'll be dependent on the wifi you an connect to.

For your computer, unless you are doing high end graphics or intensive stuff, any mac laptop will probably work for you.

Need help figuring out what to buy--new to apple--ipad, laptop, desktop...I don't know...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.