Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 4 connecting and disconnecting problems windows 10

So I have recently purchased an Ipod 4th generation for use as an alarm and to keep up to date with notifications from my university through emails without it all clogging up my phone.

Whenever I try to connect it to my windows 10 Laptop in continuously does the bonging sound to say that the device is connecting and then a second later does the sound to say that the device has been disconnected and continuously get the error codes 0xE8000084 and 0xE8000065 on itunes itself.

I have the latest version of Itunes and all of the latest updates (as of 28/08/15) for windows 10 all drivers are up-to-date and installed.

I've tried multiple of the methods that have worked before, including device management (where it appears for half a second each time allowing me to right click and view it but not to select the properties) and the task manager method.

When I run a diagnostic check through Itunes it says that there are no USB ports, could that be the issue? However I can plug other devices into the USB 2.0 port and they work fine. Just a note, there is only 1 USB 2.0 on this laptop and 1 USB 3.0 but I don't have a 3.0 enabled device that i can connect up to check that it is working

Please note: it works on a windows 7 PC but didn't work on windows 8

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:15 AM

There are no replies.

ipod 4 connecting and disconnecting problems windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.