Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find File

Performing an EtreCheck I found the following:

Launch Daemons:(What does this mean?)

[loaded] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist [Click for support]

[loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent.plist [Click for support]

[loaded] com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist [Click for support]

[loaded] com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper.plist [Click for support]

I tried finding the 2nd line "com.macaw.Clean..." file in the library but did not see it. Where else should I look to find this file? I removed this program many months ago and feel this is just a file that did not get deleted.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:32 AM

6 replies

Aug 28, 2015 11:14 AM in response to jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I did deduce that this line of code was left behind after the program delete but now want to know how to find it and delete it.

Go to Macaw website for uninstall instructions and/or location of where their products places their files throughout the Mac system.

If you want to do a manual search try the following locations:

Option key>Finder>Go>Library>Preferences.

Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences

Trash the files that you find, repair permissions & restart your computer.

GOOD LUCK!

User uploaded file

Aug 28, 2015 3:08 PM in response to jmsfmtex

You can check to see if you've removed all of the files by downloading and running Find Any File to search for any files with the application's name and the developer's name in the file name. For example for CleanMyMac you'd do two searches:

1 - Name contains cleanmymac

2 - Name contains macpaw

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.

User uploaded file

Find File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.