Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Delete prior owners information

Hello

I bought an iPad from groupon it still has prior owners info and passcode protection. How can I delete this And reset my iPad.

iPad Mini

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:58 AM

iCloud: Activation Lock

If the device is asking for an iCloud password during activation, then it is protected by Activation Lock. There is one, and ONLY one way to remove activation lock and that is to ask the previous owner to remove it. They can do so by logging into their iCloud account in a web browser and deleting that device from their list of devices attached to their account. If you cannot contact the previous owner, or if the refuse to help you, you own an expensive but utterly useless piece of plastic, metal and silicon. In that case, lodge a complaint with groupon and see if you can get a refund. Apple will not help you bypass activation lock on a private purchase of a used device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 6:58 AM in response to May Feliciano

iCloud: Activation Lock

If the device is asking for an iCloud password during activation, then it is protected by Activation Lock. There is one, and ONLY one way to remove activation lock and that is to ask the previous owner to remove it. They can do so by logging into their iCloud account in a web browser and deleting that device from their list of devices attached to their account. If you cannot contact the previous owner, or if the refuse to help you, you own an expensive but utterly useless piece of plastic, metal and silicon. In that case, lodge a complaint with groupon and see if you can get a refund. Apple will not help you bypass activation lock on a private purchase of a used device.

How do I Delete prior owners information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.