Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased songs are grayed out, says I have to renew membership to make available offline?

Hi all,

I prepurchased an album (FOO FIGHTERS - Sonic Hwys) and 4 songs were immediately available as part of the promotion. Now those 4 songs are grayed out and won't play offline. When I try to click "make available offline" it tells me that I need to renew my membership? I have no membership and I haven't. I'm old school and just like to download my music and have it offline. What do I need to do to download these to my iphone? Make sure they are downloaded to the computer and just synch? See the screen shots of the album in itunes on my phone and also the album in the store view.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:02 AM

Hello jerilyng,
I understand that you would like to download some tracks that you have previously purchased. That is something that can still be done. Take a look a the steps below to download the content that was previously purchased.
Download past purchases from iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Redownload a song

On an iPhone or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. From the menu the bottom of the screen, tap More.
  3. Tap Purchased, then tap Music.
  4. Tap Not on This iPhone or Not on This iPod.
  5. Scroll to find the song that you want to download, then tap it.
  6. Tap the Download icon User uploaded file to the right of the title. Your song downloads to your device.

Take it easy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 8:02 AM in response to jerilyng

Hello jerilyng,
I understand that you would like to download some tracks that you have previously purchased. That is something that can still be done. Take a look a the steps below to download the content that was previously purchased.
Download past purchases from iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Redownload a song

On an iPhone or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. From the menu the bottom of the screen, tap More.
  3. Tap Purchased, then tap Music.
  4. Tap Not on This iPhone or Not on This iPod.
  5. Scroll to find the song that you want to download, then tap it.
  6. Tap the Download icon User uploaded file to the right of the title. Your song downloads to your device.

Take it easy

Purchased songs are grayed out, says I have to renew membership to make available offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.