Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you transfer natural strum data from iPhone/iPad to MacBook Pro for advanced editing in GarageBand?

I really enjoy and prefer making music with the natural strum tool on the iPhone/iPad GarageBand. It sounds better and more natural than keyboard play (for guitar), plus I like having the chords arranged in proper keys since I don't have that memorized on a piano. However, it is vastly preferable to do my editing in the MacBook Pro version for longer, more complicated scores and detail editing. Is there a good way to transfer the natural strum data into the MacBook Pro version without sacrificing natural strum music quality? The only way I have found so far is to amplify the sound wave from my phone and capture with my microphone, but that sounds pretty horrible and doesn't allow me to edit once it's captured. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:33 AM

1 reply

Can you transfer natural strum data from iPhone/iPad to MacBook Pro for advanced editing in GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.