Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my onscreen keyboard keeps popping up while i'm using my bluetooth keyboard. help!

my onscreen keyboard has been popping up everytime i type while using my bluetooth keyboard for the past few days. i have disconnected the keyboard and the "hide keyboard" button does not work or do anything. i dont know what to do.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:27 PM

try Ctrl + Shift + Space

This is a shortcut for switching keyboard language, or switching to the emoji keyboard,

but I found it fixed the "keyboard keep showing up" problem for me.

When the language changes the software keyboard is hidden and behaves correctly.

I am on iOS 9 on the new iPad Pro and I'm using a Microsoft folding bluetooth keyboard.

hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 4:27 PM in response to jmcc2944

try Ctrl + Shift + Space

This is a shortcut for switching keyboard language, or switching to the emoji keyboard,

but I found it fixed the "keyboard keep showing up" problem for me.

When the language changes the software keyboard is hidden and behaves correctly.

I am on iOS 9 on the new iPad Pro and I'm using a Microsoft folding bluetooth keyboard.

hope this helps.

my onscreen keyboard keeps popping up while i'm using my bluetooth keyboard. help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.