Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to Apple. Mac mini (Late 2014) VGA monitors (2 so far) flash off and on. Using Thunderbolt to VGA adapter (2 so far). Any suggestions?

I have a late 2014 Mac mini I just received. I am having problems with VGA monitors. I have tried 2 different monitors that work fine on my PC. On the Mac that flash off and on for various periods of time. I have tried two different Thunderbolt to VGA adapters. No luck. Any suggestions?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:46 AM

What monitor(s) and what brand are the VGA adapters that you have tried....?

If the monitor is 24" or smaller and has DVI input, then you would be better off using an Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and a DVI cable.

If the monitor is 27" or larger and/or has Display Port input, then you would be better off using a Mini DisplayPort to Display Port cable.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 7:46 AM in response to sexrex

What monitor(s) and what brand are the VGA adapters that you have tried....?

If the monitor is 24" or smaller and has DVI input, then you would be better off using an Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and a DVI cable.

If the monitor is 27" or larger and/or has Display Port input, then you would be better off using a Mini DisplayPort to Display Port cable.

Aug 28, 2015 10:28 AM in response to sexrex

Ditto' you will do much better using the digital DVI monitor connections than using analog VGA anyway.

Also not all adapters are created equal and I would suggest going with either genuine Apple or Kanex Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MB570LL/B/mini-displayport-to-dvi-adapter

http://www.amazon.com/Kanex-DisplayPort-Thunderbolt-adapter-IADAPTDVI/dp/B0027JN IIS

New to Apple. Mac mini (Late 2014) VGA monitors (2 so far) flash off and on. Using Thunderbolt to VGA adapter (2 so far). Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.