Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laser Jet 4ML driver

I have a Laser Jet 4ML with a SCSI to Ethernet convertor. Is there a driver that will work for my Mac Mini with 10.10 OS?

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply
8 replies

Aug 28, 2015 3:25 PM in response to Robert Weigant

You will only need a .ppd file not an actual driver. You can get that .ppd file from several places.

But wait - this Apple document says the .ppd (driver) is already available for auto-download via the Software update system.

Printer and scanner software available for download for your Mac - Apple Support

I guess you mean you have an ethernet to centronics parallel print server?

Or is it a USB to parallel printer cable?

Maybe you need help setting that up?

Aug 28, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Robert Weigant

Ya, what I'm saying is that neither your Mac nor the printer have SCSI. That's called a Centronics parallel printer connector (it's smaller than SCSI).

And if it's connected to your mac directly, rather than through a router, you'll need some setup.

Please tell me the print server device's brand name and model.

And when you say No Luck, you need to give details about what you did so far.

Aug 28, 2015 7:47 PM in response to Robert Weigant

Great - I have a Jetdirect 300x connected to my LJ 4ML, too (but cabled to my router)..

What you are doing is called an "ad hoc" network. It requires some setup, because the ethernet on your Mac and the print server's IP addresses must be in the same subnet. - and not be in the same subnet as wifi - which I assume you use for internet?

You can print a network config page for the Jetdirect/printer by pressing and holding the Test button on the Jetdirect for a few seconds.

Then you'll know the IP address of the Jetdirect, and you can set the ethernet IP of your Mac to be in the same subnet - but with the last digit not the same.

Laser Jet 4ML driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.