Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No video output through the thunderbolt port under Windows 10.

Hi,

I have this issue with my Macbook Air (mid 2012, Intel HD Graphics 4000) and my MacBook Pro (mid 2014, Intel Iris Graphics) running Windows 10 via Bootcamp.

I have tried all the possible manipulations with the drivers (compatibility mode installation, older driver version use), scanned the system for errors plus used different cables and TVs from various manufacturers and still did not manage to get anything to work.

Windows 10 ignores the displays I am trying to connect through the thunderbolt port, whether it is directly through a thunderbolt cable or a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. These displays do not show up in the device manager under the monitors heading either.

There is one detail though - in case I connect two monitors to my MacBook Pro, one through the HDMI port and one through the thunderbolt port, the display settings menu shows options for two displays and these two displays are assigned a number from 1 to 3 (e.g. 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 1 and 3), and I am only able to select the configurations that involve my internal laptop screen and the monitor I connect through the HDMI port. Hence it seems that the thunderbolt output is detected in some peculiar way, however Windows neither sends any video signal through the port nor manages to identify the monitor connected.

This issue was not present in Windows 8.1 in either of my laptops.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:27 AM

There are no replies.

No video output through the thunderbolt port under Windows 10.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.