Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.2 does not download properly

I just received the Update message of the App store that Logic got the new 10.2 Update. When i click on the Update button. it starts to download (the button turns grey) but after about 30 seconds it turns black again. when i open the app store it displays the progress for about 5 seconds before it vanishes acting up like i never clicked on update.

The download is still running, but the next thing that happens is that the Time counter rises up to ridiculous numbers (from 7 Hours up to 3 days)
It also displays the wrong filesize of 570MB instead of 1.21GB first.

Im already downloading it for almost 2 days straight and it still is at about 35MB of progress.

my net connecion cant be the problem, it constantly runs on 5.5MB/s Downstream and 2MB/s Upstream

I got an iMac with OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5, 2.9Ghz Core i5, 16GB memory and 1TB Harddrive

I tried to reboot the Mac: Download stops, being on hold, but clicking on "continue" doesnt make it work again.

I'm totally fustrated and really need some Help...

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 3:18 PM in response to KainHawkins

OK, then Opt-Cmd-Esc to force quit the updater, then go to the Applications folder, move LPX to the trash, re-boot. Then start the install from scratch. Launch the App Store, and if you don't see it in the Update section, go to the Purchases section and you should see an Install button to the right. BTW, that is not a very fast Internet connection. I'd consider it pretty slow. The minimum my local ISP offers is 5Mbps upload, 10Mbps download. So 5.5Mbps download time is not much. BUT, that said, it shouldn't take any more than half hour or so for the whole process to happen, on a super slow connection and super slow Mac.

Tell me this; on your 1TB hard drive, how much of that is free space?

Logic Pro X 10.2 does not download properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.