Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is probably an easy fix for some but I am not able to figure it out. All the music I have recorded from disc and playlists on my desktop in itunes do not show up on my laptop. Is there a way I can get my entire library from my desktop to my lap

This is probably an easy fix for some but I am not able to figure it out. All the music I have recorded from disc and playlists on my desktop in itunes do not show up on my laptop. Is there a way I can get my entire library from my desktop to my lap?

Windows XP

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 10:41 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 10:57 AM in response to guarins5

Copy the iTunes folder from the desktop to the laptop, using either your local network, or an intermediate portable drive.

This doesn't address the issue of existing content that you may have on the laptop, nor how you keep the libraries in sync in future should you wish to do so. The first issue can be a little tricky and depends on your circumstances. The second can be addressed by using the techniques in Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

This is probably an easy fix for some but I am not able to figure it out. All the music I have recorded from disc and playlists on my desktop in itunes do not show up on my laptop. Is there a way I can get my entire library from my desktop to my lap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.