Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My solution to this current Apple Music and Email Link Mess

Hello.

I would first like to thank the person that posted the "log in log out" solution. sorry i don't have the link but to help out as many people as possible I am creating a post that SOLVED my project (for the past 1.5 days at least. so far so good.)

I too was suffering from the apple music not playing, settings for music getting "stuck" and email links not working in apple email problems on my iPhone.

I recently updated to 8.4.1 and while the bug may not be in that, i believe when one updates something is checked or changed in your apple ID record back on apple servers. Sometimes this gets corrupted or out of date. Note. I only experienced the problem on my iPhone but that may be because i used my iPhone 95% of the time this past week.

I use apple music in my car and as you know, apple music radio would not work, songs would stop playing after 3 or 4 songs. i blamed my car.

Needless to say, this drove me crazy and to this forum.

Here is how it fix MY devices of the problems a lot of people are having on this forum:

1) find all your iDevices (iPhones and iPads. all of them. including ones you have not logged into for a while)

2) Go to your mac.

3) Open iTunes

4) log out of your iTunes account.

5) for each of your iPhones and iPads (leave your iPhone for last.) :

a) go to settings

b) go to iTunes and app store

c) sign out.

d) make sure you signed out. (your password field will be blank)

e) reboot device

f0 go back to settings -> iTunes and app store AND MAKE SURE YOU SIGNED OUT. (one of my devices took two sign outs and reboots to sign out)

6) go to settings on your iPhone

7) turn off iCloud music syncing? on your iPhone. this may require you to reboot phone, and then go to settings ... iCloud music

8) Go to settings -. iTunes and app store

9) sign out

10) reboot your iphone

11) start using apple music again. (note your playlists and some music may be gone.)

12) once apple music is working again, you can turn on iCloud music again to get your other music and playlists.

I believe all our problems stem from a corrupted apple ID record that gets "stuck" between apps and devices.

I hope this helps others.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:47 AM

15 replies

Aug 28, 2015 7:59 AM in response to iosaround

Thanks.... I hope it continues to work for you. I may need a few hours to do it though, I'm just afraid of neverending spinning, I tried logging out and the tiny circle just spun for a while... and brought me back to where I was before ....Thanks for actually caring! I hate to ***** cause my phone is amazing but Apple seems a bit stumped about this....no word from them

Aug 28, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Zazou

I did all of the above at 9pm wed night.

It is currently friday morning in my part of the world.

AND I used apple music like CRAZY yesterday. I was basically trying to break this thing before I posted this "solution".

so far so good.

make sure it does indeed log out out of all your devices. my iPad 2 took two tries to get me to log out.

Aug 28, 2015 9:58 AM in response to iosaround

This worked for me too!

For reference: I purchased on album on iTunes from my iMac and it did not show up on my phone. I added it from Apple Music on my phone thinking it had got "stuck" somehow and it ended up putting duplicates in my Music app. Thinking that it had been "un-stuck", I removed it from my music on my phone and then it disappeared again. Obviously it was there, just not synching/visible in my Music. Unfortunately, the remove action from my phone had also removed it from my iTunes in the Cloud (the little cloud icon next to each song on my computer showed an "x"). I started manually adding them back to my account and they started showing up on my phone, but then the process halted after the 4th song. I performed the steps above and everything fixed itself.

It's inconceivable that Apple wouldn't be able to integrate purchased albums with Apple Music albums and have bugs like this.

I have also been having hot phone, battery draining, and Apple Music freezing problems. Let's see if this fixes those too!

Aug 29, 2015 4:33 AM in response to iosaround

Hi my friend. It was me with the sign out sign in on all devices solution.

After a time I still have the same issues. Its only working for a while.

I am almost sure the problem is a crazy bug in iOS 8.4.1.

Because the problems was starting with this update. Never had problem with iOS 8.4.

I will not trying to find out anymore, I think there is nothing to do. For now just restart, sign out and in when freezing and wait for IOS 9.

My solution to this current Apple Music and Email Link Mess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.