Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fake message for find my iphone

I have bought a I phone 6 Gray 64 GB last year. unfortunately it got stolen 2 days back.

i had activated the find my iphone app in the device. i also registered a police complaint regarding the same

i also activated the lost mode and gave my alternate no, which would be shown once someone switches on the phone and connects to net.

Today i got a message on the alternate no, from (+614491641631) stating as below

" Apple Inc. Your Iphone 6 gray.linked with (g****@hotmail.com) has been located today at 12.49 PDT. See Location: http://recoveryouriphone.com"

on opening the link i was asked to enter my i cloud details, once i did i was redirected to UK apple site and nothing happened.

then i did it again, same result.

but within few minutes of doing this the phone which was shown as offline on iphone "find iphone" app just vanished from the list of my apple devices.

I again went to website and tried to search for the answers, then i came to conclusion that it was a fake website.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:24 AM

That's right. You were scammed.

Change your iCloud password. NOW. And set up 2 step authentication.

You've given your credentials to the thief who had your phone.

3 replies

fake message for find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.