Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match playlists missing from iPhone

As I am also running the DP for IOS9 I am not certain when this problem first arose. Its also complicated by the awful mess Apple has made with the Apple Music Service and changed terminology.

I have been careful NOT to activate Apple Music given the horror stories of iTunes Match libraries being 'damaged' and music lost from libraries.

So I am just running my ongoing iTunes Match subscription on my computers and various iDevices, as far as I can tell this is now called the Apple iCloud Music Library - as there is no longer any obvious reference to iTunes Match.

All my pre-existing iTunes Match playlists appear on iTunes on my computers, but none of them appear on my iDevices!

I never thought I would say this but I am getting to the point of considering getting rid of iTunes altogether, it has become such an awful piece of software, it would complicate device management a bit but it may well be worth the price to preserve my music library.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:48 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 5:03 PM in response to Larrani

I Have a similar problem. My iTunes library (my master copy) resides on my desktop. I only update Playlists manually on the desktop iTunes. Non-MATCH devices (iPods) are updated via cable connection to desktop. iOS devices (iPhone 6 and iPad mini) use iTunes MATCH. Playlists on devices using Match do not update. I am told that a fix for this is in-work. Stay tuned. Hopefully this will eventually be resolved.

iTunes Match playlists missing from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.