Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s volume button wont work to raise ringer volume

I recently received a replacement phone because my battery was draining super fast on my original phone. The issue Im having with this one is the ringer volume button wont work to increase the volume, it only works to lower it. I went under ringer settings and I am able to adjust it there but not with my side buttons on the phone. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for your help!!!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:22 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 9:24 AM in response to CFW-APE

Hi CFW-APE,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like the volume up button may not be working on your iPhone. If you can increase the volume with the slider in Settings but not with the button on the side of the phone, try the following steps from Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If any of these buttons or switches aren't working, follow these steps. Test after each step:

1. Unlock your device. Some buttons don't work from the Lock screen.
  2. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean it with a soft cloth.
  3. Remove all protective films and cases that might interfere with the button or switch.

Get more help

If the button or switch still isn't working, if it works intermittently, or if it's damaged, contact Apple Support to set up service.

You may also want to try restoring the iPhone before contacting Apple Support. See Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. Set up your device as new (in Step 5) and test the volume button with the iPhone in factory condition after setup completes.

All the best.

iphone 5s volume button wont work to raise ringer volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.