Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voiceovers Have No Sound

iMovie 10.0.9

I recently went to record a voiceover in a movie I'm working on. I click the red "Start Recording" button, I get the 3-2-1- countdown, and I see the audio levels jump around as I'm recording. I stop the recording and the voiceover appears under the clip. However, the voiceover clip has no audio. There are no audio levels on the clip either (i.e. this isn't a speaker issue). This happens both when I'm recording through the mic built into my apple headphones, or through the built-in mic on my macbook pro. I have verified that both the headphones' mic and the macbook's mic are functioning (they work in all other applications, and are even transmitting sound in iMovie, as I can see the sound levels jumping around while recording the voiceover).

Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iMovie 10.0.9

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:16 AM

There are no replies.

Voiceovers Have No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.