Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save parameter mappings with a channel strip?

I want to set up parameter mappings for a plugin and then save them with the channel strip, so that I can recall them the next time I want to use that plugin.

I naively set up a couple of controllers for Alchemy (tried this with Omnisphere, too) and saved the channel strip. When I created a new channel strip and recalled the saved one, it correctly set the instrument to Alchemy, but the parameter assignments were lost.

Seems like this is a pretty tedious way to do things & there must be a way to save the setup.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 10:23 AM

Parameter mappings are saved with patches, set, and concerts.

4 replies

Aug 29, 2015 8:13 AM in response to William Dozier

Also, remember, controller mappings are different at every level (Concert, Set, and Patch).

If you want a mapping to apply universally, then do it at the concert level

If you did all the mappings at the patch level, then it will only apply to that patch. However, you can paste those mappings to another patch in the Assignments and Mappings tab.
Alternately, copy that patch, and then make changes instead of creating a new patch from scratch.

How do I save parameter mappings with a channel strip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.