Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iphone5 which is unlocked and when i inserted Tmobile sim it dosent work in US. Activation Faled

Hey, I just arrived in USA with my Iphone 5 and vodafone sim then it started showing tmobile signal instead of vodafone. but when i tried to insert a local sim of T mobile it is showing a message " locked by carrier please contact your service provider and contact apple"

please unlock it as soon as you can. I intend to stay for few months in usa and thn return back to india until then i need to use the t-mobil sim.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:48 AM

Apple is not here, this is a user to user forum. No one here can unlock your iPhone. As suggested by your iPhone, you will need to contact your original carrier and have them process the unlock, as it seems your iPhone is not unlocked at all.

Only your carrier can do this.

The fact that it connected to T-Mobile upon arrival simply means that Vodafone has agreement with T-Mobile to provide roaming cell service to their Vodafone customers while in the U.S. It does not mean your iPhone is unlocked.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 9:48 AM in response to master_max

Apple is not here, this is a user to user forum. No one here can unlock your iPhone. As suggested by your iPhone, you will need to contact your original carrier and have them process the unlock, as it seems your iPhone is not unlocked at all.

Only your carrier can do this.

The fact that it connected to T-Mobile upon arrival simply means that Vodafone has agreement with T-Mobile to provide roaming cell service to their Vodafone customers while in the U.S. It does not mean your iPhone is unlocked.

I have an iphone5 which is unlocked and when i inserted Tmobile sim it dosent work in US. Activation Faled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.