Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to clear some space in my macbook pro and when I go to pictures I see applications "iPhoto library" and "Photos Library". They are each about 25 GB but I never use them and don't plan to do that. Can I delete the pictures in them?

I'm trying to clear some space in my macbook pro and when I go to pictures I see the applications

"iPhoto library" and "Photos Library".

They are each about 25 GB but I never use them and don't plan on doing that. I do have load of pictures in my computer but they are all stored in my dropbox and I never willingly upload them to either of those applications. Are the photos in those apps stored twice in my computer? Can I just delete the photos in the apps with out deleting the ones that are in my dropbox?

I'm super confused about all this and any help would be really appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:54 AM

There are no replies.

I'm trying to clear some space in my macbook pro and when I go to pictures I see applications "iPhoto library" and "Photos Library". They are each about 25 GB but I never use them and don't plan to do that. Can I delete the pictures in them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.