Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Apps appeared uninstalled on AppStore. No Updates

Hello everyone

I have got a iPhone 6 128GB, purchased last October and it's been working fine.

I have updated it to iOS 8.4.1 once the update was available, and it was working alright for a few weeks, when this problem suddenly happened.

One day I looked into the AppStore and realised that all my installed Apps appear uninstalled (with a cloud button), and no updates are showing up for any of my apps. For some reasons the system thinks that I don't have any apps installed on my phone. What's worse, I cannot download any apps, no matter those ones I had or the new ones, it keeps spinning and no downloads.

I asked all of my friends about this and one of them had heard of this problem somewhere, he told me that if i got too many apps installed on my phone, particular 128GB models, then you might encounter this bug. Delete some of your apps and restart the phone then the problem should go away.

Indeed i do have lots of apps installed, that's why i purchased 128GB. I got 214 apps installed.

So i had to delete a dozen apps that i haven't been using.. and restart the phone

it did work!!! All the apps appeared installed with the "OPEN" sign and all the updates are showing up.

However, when i updated all my apps, or downloaded anything new from the AppStore, the problem happens again.

This is driving me crazy.

I had thought about just restore my phone back to factory and start all over again, but I cannot let the problem go away without knowing why.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, 128GB

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:22 AM

2 replies

Downloaded Apps appeared uninstalled on AppStore. No Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.