Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOST MY VOICEMAILS

I have an old iPhone 5 that I took the micro sim card out of and put the SIM card that has service from my iPhone 6. After, I noticed that my old voicemails were gone. How do I get them back? Some are very important as I lost my Grandmother last year and I have voicemails from her back in 2012.. I have an iCloud back up from 2 days before I inserted the new SIM card and an iTunes back up from a couple months back. I restored with the iCloud back up but it hasn't restored them. Do voicemails get backed up? How can I restore them?

Please help.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 10:02 AM

Nothing is stored on the SIM. Did your phone number change? VoiceMail, including Visual VoiceMail, is a carrier feature. VVM messages should be part of the backup, at least I know they are part of the iTunes backup, won't swear to whether they are part of the iCloud backup. Try restoring the iTunes backup.

2 replies

LOST MY VOICEMAILS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.