Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I force emails into an IMAP server that were previously deleted?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, as I've made a bit of a bugger up with my outlook 2011 on my MBP.

I was backing up my emails which are coming from my company IMAP server. As the backup completed however, outlook deleted the emails from the account.

I presumed just locally on the computer until I opened up my current work computer and realised it had actually deleted the emails from the account itself.

I restored the backup that outlook 2011 had just made into itself and get the emails back into the inbox, however while they are now locally in my inbox, I can't get these emails restored into the main IMAP server.

Would anyone have any advice on how I can take the emails that are on my mac and get them back into the main IMAP access point.

You'd be saving my backside massively!

Many thanks in advance!

Dan.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:40 AM

There are no replies.

How can I force emails into an IMAP server that were previously deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.