Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync music/playlists to Apple Music, Receiving error

I have a music library of approximately 40,000 songs and have multiple playlists that I would like to listed to on all my devices. Prior to signing up with Apple Music, my other iDevices worked without issue. However, when I attempt to listen to music on these devices now, none of the playlists that I had on the device prior to signup are accessible. To resolve this I have attempted to sync my iTunes library to the cloud and have attempted to follow the steps outlined hereto restore playlists to my device. Neither works. See beow for the steps I have taken to resolve the issues with itunes syncing.

I have signed up for Apple Music and am unable to sync any songs or playlists from iTunes on my IMac to the cloud. To troubleshoot this I have deactivated genius as suggested in another post and have gone to Preferences -->> General -->> and checked bothShow Apple Music and iCloud Music Library. When I have done this iTunes starts to communicate with Apple Music then shortly afterwards returns an error indicating that iCloud is unavailable.

Please assist with both issues, playlists unable to be uploaded to my iDevice and ITunes unable to sync with Apple Music.

Thanks

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 10:28 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to sync music/playlists to Apple Music, Receiving error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.